Friday, April 30, 2010

The Boys of Summer


Ever since I was a little kid, I have loved playing the game of baseball. I think I got this love from my dad. I wish someone could have counted the number of pitches he threw to me, the number of grounders and fly balls he at me, and the endless hours of catch we played while I was growing up. I admire my dad’s dedication to us kids, but I know how much he loved the game.

Now I get to be a part of the story. Watching my youngest take to the field is an awesome experience. When he takes to the mound, he reminds me a little of Mark “The Bird” Fidrych. Sometimes, you see him up on the mound with his eyes closed and his lips moving.
We’re never really sure if he is praying, or talking to the ball!

Whatever it is he is doing, it works! He is allowed to pitch two innings maximum, and during his stint, he is usually good for 4 or 5 strikeouts. He then is moved to either third base, shortstop or catcher. I think the kids has a pretty decent arm.

I should tell you about his game-winning 3 RBI’s sometime...

No comments:

Post a Comment